The environment Agency have issued flood alerts throughout areas of Rotherham this evening advising that immediate action should be taken.
River levels have risen as a result of the persistent heavy rainfall today and with further rainfall forecast over the next 24 hours and the Environment Agency expect river levels to remain high until 09:00 on Friday (08th November)
Current Flood Alerts include:
- River Don at Blackburn Meadows
- River Don at Meadowhall and Carbrook
- River Don at Rotherham – Centenary Way, Corporation Street and Sheffield Road
- River Don at Rotherham – Main Street, Centenary Road, Masbrough Street
- River Don at Rotherham – Rawmarsh Road and Grafton Bridge
- River Don at Rotherham – Thorn Hill, Northfield and Retail World Shopping Centre
- River Dove from Aldham Bridge to Low Valley including Wombwell Ings Caravan Site
- River Rother at Treeton
- Whiston Brook at Whiston
The Environment Agency have said “We are closely monitoring the situation and our incident room is open.”
“The highest river levels are likely to be seen this evening and overnight.”
Please avoid using low lying footpaths near local watercourses.
“This message will be updated by 20:10 on 07/11/19, or as the situation changes.”