Firefighters were called to a car fire on the A630 Sheffield Parkway at Catcliffe, last night (17 December) around 7pm.
Upon arrival the crew from Parkway discovered a Range Rover on fire at the side of the road.
Firefighters stayed on scene to assist the owner after extinguishing the fire with a hose reel jet.
A spokesperson from South Yorkshire and Rescue confirmed “the cause is not confirmed, but believed to have been overheating of some kind.”
Nobody was injured in the incident but the car was left destroyed.